Training and Facilitation - ATD
This training certificate course covers the entire end-to-end training cycle, including planning and preparing a training event, managing the learning environment and engaging participants in the classroom, and following up post-event to continue to support learning. We’ll cover the science behind learning as well—why and how learner needs and preferences, training techniques, classroom environment, and well-structured materials all affect learning outcomes. At the end of the course, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your techniques in a skills training practice where you will receive feedback and guidance from peers and an ATD expert facilitator.
How do you benefit?
- Gain a strong foundation in the needs assessment and analysis process.
- Ensure your training initiatives are effective and aligned with organization goals and expectations and
- Develop engaging instructional events that take human memory and learning processes into account.
- Learn how to determine which tools and instructional formats will deliver the best learning outcomes.
- Collect data from subject matter experts and other stakeholders, and identify the competencies and tasks that will enable the achievement of business goals.
- Create participant and facilitator guides and supporting materials to maximize learning and support on-the-job performance.
- Facilitating Formal Learning
- Planning & Coordinating Training Events
- Preparing to Facilitate
- Applying Learning Science
- Selecting Delivery Options & Methods
- Facilitation Styles & Techniques
- Creating a Positive Learning Environment
- Engaging & Managing Participants
- Designing & Developing Learning Material
- Supporting Informal & Self-Directed Learning
- Skills Practice Demonstration